There are a number of types of goods that are not permitted to be sent through the Courier Force service.
• Breakable goods,
• Valuable goods,
• Dangerous goods,
• Restricted goods
It is the policy of courier force not to carry perishable items, food (excluding dried food and cereals), liquids and semi liquids (including alcoholic beverages, shampoos, creams ), paint and inks (including printer cartridges) plants, prescription drugs and medicines.
There are also import restrictions to consider when shipping International parcels. Please see our prohibited items list.
The courier force service is not suitable for the carriage of breakable or valuable goods, and we do not carry dangerous goods or restricted goods. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that your items do not contain anything which could be termed as such. If your parcel contains anything which could fall into the above categories, any cover provided by us (either standard or extended liability) may be invalidated, and if your parcel causes damage to the parcels of other senders, we may recover the costs of repairing such damage from you.
For your convenience, we have set out brief descriptions of what we mean by breakable, valuable, dangerous or restricted goods below but you should always read our terms and conditions before sending your parcel.
All items are technically breakable however, there are some that are much more fragile to transport than others. "Breakable goods" include glass, china, ceramics, pottery, stoneware, fossils, works of art and televisions.
"Valuable goods" means any valuable goods such as bullion, cashiers or travellers cheques, currency, money orders, negotiable instruments in bearer form, credit or debit cards, important documents (including passports, tenders, share and option certificates) stamps, antiques, unprotected furniture, precious stones or metals, artwork, jewellery or valuable items of wear (including occasional wear, designer items (including clothing, watches, shoes and handbags).
"Dangerous goods" is anything considered hazardous such as acids, chemicals and certain other substances. These are specified by National and International legislation, guidance and rules. To read more about what is regarded as "Dangerous goods" a list is detailed in the United Nations Recommendations on the transport of Dangerous goods "UNRTDG" www.un.org
"Restricted goods" are those not permitted by National or International law, rule or regulation. These include firearms, weapons, explosives and munitions (including but not limited to replicas, imitations and blank firing pistols), animals, animal parts, livestock, insects, tobacco or tobacco products, and any items the carriage of which could be breaking laws or rules in any country over which the consignment travels.
All items listed below (or any item similar in description or content) cannot be carried under any circumstances by courier force. Any person sending such items may have their order cancelled without notice or refund.
For clarity, Dangerous Goods are substances or articles that can pose a hazard to the health and safety of people or may cause damage to property or the environment (in the event of a leak or spillage), for example any hazardous items specified in the United Nations Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods (“UNRTDG”).
IMPORTANT: This list is not exhaustive; it exists as a rough guide only. Please check our terms and conditions for more accuracy.
• Weapons/explosives/munitions (including but not limited to replicas, imitations and blank firing pistols
• Animals/animal parts/livestock and insects
• Biological Samples
• Car body panels/bumpers/car seats/Airbags/batteries/windows/windscreens
• Dangerous Goods
• Firearms including replicas and imitations
• Fire Extinguishers
• Goods over our maximum dimensions
• Hazardous Goods
• Human Remains
• Infectious substances
• Lighter fluid and Matches
• Tobacco or tobacco products
• White Goods (Fridges/freezers, washing machines etc.)
No compensation Items
The below listed items are unsuitable for carriage in our network and as such can only be carried on a no compensation basis. If such items are dispatched with courier force the goods will travel at the risk of the sender and compensation will not be made should loss or damage be incurred.
• Alcoholic Beverages
• Artwork & Works of Art
• Credit/Debit cards
• Currency/gift vouchers/Travelers cheques /Money Orders/negotiable instruments in bearer form
• Ceramics (including Pottery/China/Stoneware/Marble etc.)
• Designer Goods (including handbags/footwear/clothing/watches/jewellery)
• Medicines (including over the counter medicines and prescription drugs)
• Furniture (assembled i.e. Sofa’s/Wardrobes/Tables)
• Glass (including mirrors/light bulbs etc.)
• Inks and Toners
• Important Documents (i.e. Passports/tenders/share option certificates etc.)
• Perishable Goods
• Precious Metals and Precious Stones (i.e. Gold, Silver, Diamonds etc.)
• Televisions or other electronic graphical display equipment